Digital Communications Manager
REMOTE (DC or NY preferred) FULL-TIME
About She Should Run
She Should Run is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides an approachable starting place and network for women considering a future run for office. We believe that women of all political leanings, ethnicities, and backgrounds should have an equal opportunity to lead in elected office, at all levels. Our mission is to expand the talent pool of women running for office in the United States by providing community, resources, and growth opportunities for aspiring political leaders.
About the Role
She Should Run is seeking a highly-motivated, social media savvy Digital Communications Manager to grow our online presence and actively engage our virtual Community. The Digital Communications Manager will lead strategy and create and implement compelling written digital content that amplifies our mission and expands our reach. The Manager will work closely with our Marketing & Communications Director to ensure written and visual content brand alignment. You are a self-starter, with an affinity for knowing what’s happening in the headlines – from politics to pop culture – and are passionate about our vision of seeing 250,000 women running for office by 2030.
Duties and Responsibilities
Social Media Management & Online Community Engagement
- Take a metrics-driven approach to planning, coordinating, and executing She Should Run’s social media strategy with the goal of exponentially increasing lead generation, brand awareness, and social media engagement
- Manage daily social media engagement by writing, editing, and posting timely and relevant content across all platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Identify and rapidly respond to opportunities for She Should Run to participate as a thought-leader in public dialogue about United States politics and women’s leadership
- Respond appropriately to both positive, and potential conflict resolution scenarios online
- Create and implement a strategy for engaging social media influencers
- Identify opportunities to engage the She Should Run virtual Community uplift the stories of the women in the She Should Run Incubator program
Website & Email Content
- Write email copy for weekly/monthly e-newsletter and other email marketing campaigns
- Write website copy that reflects strong, accurate messaging to various stakeholders including program participants, individual and corporate donors, friends, and other supporters
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, advertising, communications, or related field preferred)
- Impeccable copywriting and storytelling ability
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Experience with social media management and scheduling platforms and paid ads
- Solid foundation and understanding of United States politics and civic engagement
- Experience developing and executing on strategic communications plans and organizational messaging content
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to potential negative situations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate flexibility in thinking and responding to challenging situations
- Thrives in rapid response and fast-paced environment
Competitive compensation package including medical benefit premiums paid by She Should Run, company-matched retirement plan, four weeks paid vacation including December 23 - January 1, plus sick and personal time, and a flexible work arrangement.
Please send submit your 1) resume 2) a writing sample 3) and social media portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
She Should Run is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive, diverse group of team members. We promote a policy of equal treatment and opportunity, and prohibit discrimination in any aspect of our hiring and promotion process in regard to disability, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, or any other basis protected by law.